What are stretch marks?
The skin is elastic, but when it stretches or shrinks quickly this can interrupt body’s production of two main proteins: collagen and elastin. This disruption leads to stretch marks. Stretch marks appear as discoloured lines on the skin, sometimes with red and purple tinge. Over the time, they usually become lighter. Stretch marks appear on people of all ages. We note them on buttocks, hips, thighs or breast area. The marks are most likely to appear during puberty, pregnancy, rapid loss or gain weight and even after heavy training which increases muscle mass quickly.
What’s the best treatment? SkinGlow Clinic uses several techniques to reduce the appearance of stretch marks. These include:
- Microdermabrasion and hydradermabrasion These are gentle, painless, non-invasive procedures which are highly successful in cleansing and hydrating your skin, exfoliating dead cells and providing a plumping, anti-ageing effect. The suction and movement of the device boosts lymphatic drainage and improves circulation in the skin.
- Chemical peels are acid solutions that remove damaged layers of cells from the skin’s surface and stimulate skin regeneration, revealing glowing and youthful skin.
- Microneedling is a medically engineered skin needling device that uses disposable surgical grade micro-needles that vertically pierce the skin and create multiple micro-injuries. This will encourage and harness your own body’s innate ability to repair itself naturally and produce new collagen. This technology will create micro-channels and create a gateway for active mesotherapy ingredients to be delivered to the deeper layers of the skin as this technology significantly increases the absorption of topical products. This treatment can significantly improve stretch marks and skin laxity.
- Mesotherapy is a non-surgical treatment capable of improving the majority of cosmetic issues by providing small quantities of active ingredients like vitamins, minerals and hyaluronic acid directly to the area where they are needed. In conventional mesotherapy these ingredients are administered via microinjections into the dermic layer of the skin where they act as slow release medication. The method will improve the appearance of stretch marks and the tone and texture of the skin will become more youthful. The vitamins stimulate skin cells, especially fibroblasts to increase production of collagen and elastin, as well as to neutralise free radicals. Mesotherapy is able to improve circulation as well.
- Radiofrequency Venus freeze is a cutting-edge technology. Using multi-polar radiofrequency and magnetic field pulsation, this painless procedure heats up the skin from the inside and boosts the body’s collagen and elastin production. It offers amazing rejuvenating effects with no downtime and limited discomfort.
Our treatment plans are personalised so we recommend booking a free consultation with us!